Obsolete and Deprecated
On distributions that support NetworkManager, pptpconfig is deprecated
in favour of the PPTP Plugin for Network Manager. On Ubuntu and
derivatives the package name is network-manager-pptp.
See the Debian bug #390708 for the request for packaging.
A program for configuration and management of PPTP Client tunnels on
- configuration, starting, stopping, catching debug output from
- performs routing on tunnel once it starts, and restores on stop,
- performs changes to DNS configuration in /etc/resolv, and
restores on stop,
- optionally integrates with resolvconf.
Tested by me so far on Debian (sarge) and Fedora Core 2. Further test
reports welcome. Please report success or failure to the pptpclient-devel
- pptpconfig-20060821.tar.gz (43k) sources, which are maintained in SourceForge project pptpclient module pptp-extras/pptpconfig, see their CVS browser,
- pptpconfig_20060821-0_all.deb (32k) binary for Debian,
- pptpconfig-20060821-0.noarch.rpm (unavailable) binary for Red Hat distributions,
- pptpconfig-20060821-0.src.rpm (unavailable) source for Red Hat distributions,
- php-pcntl and php-gtk-pcntl packages (source packages are available from SourceForge CVS, see specs/php-pcntl-debian and specs/php-gtk-pcntl-debian)
As of version 20060410 (no material change for two years).
| up |